The beginning of a new year is the most common time for goal setting!
We break down what we want and put in plans to go get it. We plan, and plan, and plan. We might even make vision boards.
That’s great and all, but it also puts us in hustle mode.
When do you ever allow yourself to celebrate things that have yet to happen?
If you’ve been following me, you know that I always say “Celebrate As If”. Yes, acting as if it already happened is a great place to start … but why not celebrate now?
But I challenge you to rethink goal setting. Try goal celebration.
You are in business for a purpose. It’s not the day-to-day or even month-to-month action items that power you to do what you do. There’s something bigger there! The intrinsic feeling of JOY when you know you did a thing … when you count your WINS.
Whatever that is for you, I challenge you to celebrate that now!
- Thanking God (or whatever spiritual deity you aspire to) for a successful 2020
- Prioritizing self-care, which includes your mental and physical well-being
- Putting on your favorite song/dress/movie just because
- Letting the world know what you’re going to do and promoting yourself unapologetically
Now, I want you to imagine yourself on New Year’s Eve of new year. You are dressed up, ready to party, and counting down the minutes to midnight.
What are you celebrating?
Here’s what I’ll be celebrating everyday:
- All of the learning opportunities from the past that I’m putting into place now
- New connections, friendships, clients, and partnerships
- Additional services, digital products, and speaking opportunities
- Devotion and re-commitment to my ‘why’, my purpose
- A thriving community of mission driven entrepreneurs who are ‘shining online’ and changing the world with their God-given genius
The next challenge is to stay in celebration past January, through disappointments, difficult decisions, lack of enthusiasm, and dips in energy.
Those are normal and, most importantly, temporary. Stay the course and ride it out.
Because, together, we have a party to get to next year!
P.S. Did you know what I have an arsenal of tools to help you elevate your online brand and business? From template, courses, tools, and much more, I’ve got something you need. Check it out here.Rethink goal setting. Try goal celebration. Click To Tweet